ArtHealth Solutions Consulting
Applications for 2013 ArtHealth Solutions consulting grants will be accepted through 22 March 2013. Please
The Global Alliance for Arts & Health, through the support of the National Endowment for the Arts, offers ArtHealth Solutions consulting grants to assist US-based organizations in developing, re-imagining, or sustaining their arts in healthcare programs. The grants serve a wide variety of organizations, including both healthcare facilities and arts organizations, through a roster of arts in healthcare professionals.
Since 2001, the Global Alliance for Arts & Health has partnered with the National Endowment for the Arts to provide hundreds of consulting grants to arts and/or healthcare organizations across the United States. Through a roster of trained arts and health consultants
, these grants assist organizations in utilizing a diverse array of arts media including performing, literary, and visual arts and design to promote the health and well-being of equally diverse populations.
Organizations may apply for up to 25 hours of consulting with an experienced leader in the field. (Note: The online application [Question 8] currently lists the maximum hours per project at 20. This is in the process of being corrected; in the interim, if you are requesting more than 20 hours, please specify the full amount of your request in Question 9.)
This grant pays for all consultant fees and grantees cover any additional costs such as long-distance phone calls or consultant travel and accommodation. Consultants are available to travel to organizations for site visits or to provide information and support via phone or email.
An ArtHealth Solutions consulting grant can assist in
- program planning/strategic planning
- artist training
- fundraising and promotion planning
- community collaborations/effective partnerships
- improving healthcare facility design and environments
Projects can range from specific technical assistance such as designing a job description, creating a survey, obtaining feedback on a grant application, or developing guidelines for exhibitions to thinking through a strategic plan for a program. Prospective clients can request the number of hours that would be most appropriate for their needs.
Applicant organizations must be based in the United States.
Your proposal will be evaluated based on the following criteria. When submitting your application, please do your best to demonstrate that you have given appropriate consideration to each area.
1. Application is clear and sets realistic goals: Are the goals of the consultancy realistic and defined, and do they have a clear timeline?
2. Organization and staff are prepared for a consultancy: Is key staff ready to begin work with a consultant? Does the staff have adequate time, experience, and expertise to move the project forward? Remember, a consultancy will require an investment from your organization in the form of staff time.
3. Organization has the capacity to move the project forward: Are staff, stakeholders, or others within the organization in support of the program? Does the organization have adequate space, funding, and staff to succeed?
4. Consultancy is appropriate: Is a consultancy an appropriate method for addressing this challenge? Does the program address a need related to incorporating the arts into healthcare?
How to Apply
Applications for 2013 ArtHealth Solutions consulting grants will be accepted from 27 February through 22 March 2013. Completed electronic applications must be submitted by 5:00 PM EST on Friday, 22 March 2013, to be considered.
Step 1: Select the top 3 consultants whose expertise would best meet your needs. If awarded, you will be matched with one consultant based on availability.
Step 2: Decide what consulting format would best meet your needs—on site, or off site by phone or email.
Step 3: Decide on a timeline for your consulting project. (See grant program deadlines below.)
Step 4: Apply online for consulting support of up to 25 hours (applicants requesting greater than 20 hours should specify exact number in Question 9). The number of requested hours should correspond directly to the scope of the consultancy.
Step 5: Receive notification of consulting support.
Step 1: Grantees will work with their respective consultant to develop and submit a time-bound, specific Scope of Work for the consulting project that outlines deadlines, products, and expectations. The Scope of Work is due to the Global Alliance no later than 22 April 2013.
Step 2: Grantees work with consultants to develop and submit a Letter of Agreement to the consultant's Scope of Work no later than 29 April 2013.
Step 3: Consulting projects begin.
Step 4: At the completion of the consultancy (on or before 21 August 2013), your consultant will submit a brief report. At that time, grantees submit a program evaluation questionnaire.
Grant Program Deadlines
22 March 2013 Deadline for applications
1 April 2013 Grant notification by email
22 April 2013 Deadline for Scope of Work submission
29 April 2013 Deadline for Letter of Agreement submission
21 August 2013 Deadline for completion of consultancies
- Grantees agree to acknowledge the National Endowment for the Arts and the Global Alliance for Arts & Health as the sponsor of this program in all printed materials and verbally at all events.
- Grantees agree to participate in an evaluation process at the close of the grant.
- Grantees agree to notify the Global Alliance for Arts & Health in writing with any changes to the program personnel or grant contact.
- Grantees agree to forward copies of all press and media coverage of the program or project to the Global Alliance for Arts & Health office.
- Grantees agree to provide digital photographic documentation of the consultancy and/or the program.
Through the support of the National Endowment for the Arts, ArtHealth Solutions consulting grants provide affordable assistance to organizations wishing to establish or advance arts and health programming.
MAKE THE MOST OF MEMBERSHIP
Our Members in the News page features articles written about Global Alliance members. Send us your news and we'll be sure to post it!
ASK THE EXPERTS!
Get your questions answered! Our expert consultants respond to brief arts in healthcare inquiries.