An International Journal for Research, Policy and Practice
A special June, 2013 issue of Arts & Health, focused on international perspectives in community-based programs, will be published. Learn more and submit your abstract today!
Arts & Health provides a pioneering international forum for the publication of research, policy and best practice within the interdisciplinary field of arts in healthcare. This fast-emerging field has developed in response to international interest regarding the multifarious ways in which the arts contribute to health, wellbeing, social inclusion and healthcare practice across a range of settings. Arts & Health takes a broad-based approach in examining uses of the arts in public health, health promotion and healthcare. The journal publishes empirical research, policy analysis, theoretical discourse, systematic reviews and examples of best practice in the following areas:
- Social and medical science research relevant to arts and health
- Public Policy on the role of arts in health
- Community and public health practice through the arts
- Health promotion and illness prevention through arts-based interventions
- Health education supported by the arts
- Aesthetics and design of healthcare settings and environments
- The arts in clinical practice (including both physical and mental health)
- Arts-based research methodologies.
Global Alliance members receive a subscription to Arts & Health as benefit of membership.
Please Note: Individual, Organizational and Organizational Affiliate members receive a hard-copy journal in the mail and an online subscription. Student members receive an online subscription only.
Frequently Asked Questions