Only Make Believe is a non-profit organization which brings interactive theatre performances to chronically ill children in hospitals around the New York Metro area and Washington, D.C. We are dedicated to the principle that freeing a child’s imagination is a valuable part of the healing process.
Only Make Believe seeks a highly organized and hardworking Development & Events Intern to work with the Development Director. This internship will offer invaluable hands-on experience, which includes, but is not limited to, assisting with OMB’s annual gala (November 5; “Make Believe on Broadway”), young professional events, and the NY Rock n Roll 10K Fundraiser (October 13). The ideal candidate is has an impeccable attention to detail, an impressive ability to multitask, and the ability to work effectively in high pressure situations. Ideal candidate must be able to work collaboratively and independently on projects and see projects through to completion. The internship runs from 9/4/12-12/14/12 (dates and schedule flexible), approximately 20 hours per week. There is no stipend; college credit is offered.
• Provide support leading up to and during special events, including helping with event set-up, check-in, and break down
• Send thank you letters to donors and event attendees
• Help maintain development department administrative systems, including database and electronic and hard files
• Assist with obtaining, managing, and acknowledging gala sponsors, gala attendees, participants in the NY Rock n Roll 10K, and attendees of Young Professional Events
• Researching and applying for foundation grants
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be able to receive college credit for the internship
• Independent, hardworking, organized, and diligent
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Strong office and administrative skills; computer experience including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience with special events or fundraising a plus
• Available some nights and weekends for openings, special events, and performances
• An interest in theatre, youth and/or healthcare
Please email a cover letter and resume with two references (PDF or Word Doc) by Tuesday, July 24 at 5PM.